Laser Hair Removal Post Care : The Dos and Don’ts
Laser hair removal treatments are definitely a blessing in disguise for the contemporary society. The modern we live in today is very concerned about the external beauty of a human beings and hair plays one of the most important roles in determining that. It is actually one of the first things you notice in somebody when meeting him or her for the first time.
Those tiring and painful waxing sessions, that irritation after shaving once every two or three days, it all leads to a lot time consumption and agitation in most individuals. Laser hair removal treatments address this problem the most effectively and this is what has made them so popular today. It is actually one of the most frequently opted for non-surgical cosmetic procedures in the world.
So, how does it mainly work?
Laser hair removal treatments work by damaging the hair follicles through the introduction of a focused pulsed or laser light. This prevents or reduces hair re-growth by a significant margin. Are there any risks? Not at all. But, if you are taking up a laser hair removal treatment in a clinic that is low on experience, the chances are certainly high. At Gracia Cutis, we use the latest technologies that are known to be the most effective and safe in this realm. Moreover, our team of experts are all specialists and masters in their own fields of expertise. This has made us one of the most loved and trusted clinics for skin laser treatment in Kolkata, India.
However, when it comes to certain side effects of laser hair removal like slight bruising and redness of the skin after the treatment, it largely varies from person to person. While it occurs on an almost negligible to small scale in some people while effecting the others with highly sensitive skin on a larger scale. The good news is there is absolutely nothing to worry about as these side effects can easily be taken care of and pose no threat to your health. In fact, in the majority of people, the side effects go away in 30mins to an hour.
It is also up to you to ensure that your skin is kept in its best possible texture by taking laser hair removal post care of certain things that you should do and shouldn’t. So, here are the basic post laser hair removal instructions that you need to follow for the best possible results:
- Avoiding the sun for 7 days, post-treatment.
- Avoiding those topical sunless tanning products for 7 days.
- Over-the-counter medicine such as Tylenol can be used if your skin is very sensitive and is irritated.
- In case of blisters, let us know and we shall provide you with antibiotic ointments to take care of it.
- Let your skin rest for two weeks, post-treatment, and avoid any other skin treatment during this period.
- You can shave but do not pluck, wax or remove hair by force.
- For 24-48 hours, avoid your skin being subjected to high temperatures as the skin is very sensitive post-treatment. For example, avoiding hot showers, saunas, heat packs and hot tubs.
- Till 24 hours, post-treatment, avoid deodorants, make-up and other topical creams or any medications.